Avatar

Monday, September 6, 2010

#1 of 23 Things

Lifelong Learning Habits
     The easiest of these for me to follow are: "Begin with the end in mind" because if one cannot see what he/she wants, or needs, there will be no desire to reach it; "Accepting responsibility for your own learning" because I understand that the amount of effort put into something directly effects the outcome; "View problems as challenges", and view challenges as an opportunity to learn something new; "Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner" by modeling being excited about new life experiences; "Teach/Mentor Others" because it is a challenge, because two heads are better than one, because it generates ideas, because it is our future, because it induces socialization, and it will teach one something new about himself/herself; and "PLAY" because if learning were not fun it would not be worth it, and if anyone out there is having trouble with this one... I got your back.
     The hardest of these for me to follow are "Create your own learning toolbox" and "Use Technology to your advantages", mainly for the same reasons. I do understand that having more "tools" in one's "toolbox" is beneficial, but there are a many of "tools" out there, and it takes time just to understand whats out there and more time again to see if the idea worked. Technology is a prime example of one of these "tools" that come in a plethora of ways.
     What I hope to learn by playing with Web 2.0 tools this semester is that I am not computer illiterate, and that technology does not have to go over my head. End Result: Take advantage of learning what technology out there is most benefificial and suited to me best, and to have a few more "tools" added to my "toolbox".
     My First Blog
     Wow! Now, that is a title that should be up on Mom's fridge. I have read blogs, but I never thought I would be doing my own. Thank you Austin Peay State University for requiring this great learning experience as a part of your Education Program. Setting this up was a lot easier than I expected it to be; possibly on the fun side. What??? Education... college... fun??? Hey, wait a minute. Yup, that's right fun, and I hope that everything I teach, no matter the subject, is always fun to the learner. To find out more about my blog and me tune into #2 of 23 Things.

Credits

Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers is based on Learning 2.0 - 23 Things, a staff development program for the Mesquite Independent School District. That program was based on the Learning 2.0 program that was designed by Helene Blowers and adapted by the California School Library Association and others. Content and style for Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers has been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License.

No comments:

Post a Comment