Avatar

Monday, September 13, 2010

Thing #4

    Don't Be Scared it's Just a Comment
      Commenting creates a sense of community and interaction among blogger because bloggers then know that they are not alone and they are not writing only to have their words lost in that cloud in the sky. Commenting in its own is interaction that more often than not causes a snowball effect of interaction that soon turns into a community, and in blogging one can keep their community as big or small as they want it. One point to make is that by commenting and asking a question requires more interaction from the original blogger; it provides an opportunity for a higher level of thinking and different perspectives to be seen, or read. The other point to make was not to criticize in a harsh manner, or use sarcasm that could be taken this way. Often times when reading it is hard to really feel the authors original intent, but it should be this that is the goal of any author. 

The Who, What, and Why
http://deshuser.blogspot.com/  
     I decided to read and comment on this blog because I have had the opportunity to get to know this person and like the persona that she puts out.

Comment Left: Maybe we should have got together and worked on this blog thing together:) Sounds like we both had a good time with it. I really like the quote and totally agree with what a teacher should do, but what can a teacher do if the student does not know where the door is? Just something to think about. Oh yeah, and... Quack! Quack! ;)
Why: I left this message because it seems as if we were both on the same page trying to put this blog together, and I wanted her to know that she wasn't alone. I asked a thought provoking question to understand her more, and the "Quack! Quack!" well that's just in reference to her bleeding orange:)

http://michellesimportantthoughts.blogspot.com/
     I decided to read and comment on this blog because I really like what she had to say and want to know more. This individual could prove to be a great study partner as well.

Comment Left: I have also found talking about what I am learning to family and friends is highly beneficial. If you ever need a new friend to talk school business with I will be more than happy to lend you an ear and opinion if wanted. Also I commented on Sarah LaBean's thing #1 about how to view problems. You should check it out. I think it may help, or at least provide another outlook towards problem. Could not figure out how to link this in a comment, but this is where you can go.

http://sarahlabeans.blogspot.com/2010/09/thing-1.html#comments

Why: I was interested in her learning skills as they are similar to mine, which could prove to be highly beneficial to both of us. I also saw that she had a similar post to another individuals blog I had already posted on and thought that she might like to read that one too.

http://somedaygoodmanteacher.blogspot.com/
     This was one I happened to enjoy while browsing through. This individual thinks on a level that I often do not, or overlook. So reading this blog could be beneficial to generating new ideas, or just a different look at things.

Comment Left: Yes, yes, yes!!! Love all the ideas. Way to think and make it personal to you. Of course not every student is going to have parents that are able to afford a computer. How would you ensure all parents are involved. Parent involvement is a huge key in a child's education, and I am glad you see that.

Why:  I wanted her to know that her time and effort in addressing the specific topic were not unnoticed, and were appreciated. I also posed the question to evoke thought into her mind.

http://sarahlabeans.blogspot.com/
     I decided to read and post a comment here because she was the first one to leave a comment on mine, and after reading her blog I wanted to leave some words of encouragement, promise, and hopefully a view she has not yet seen.

Comment Left: A thought to think about... A problem is another opportunity to learn something new. Most problems are called problems because they put people out of their norm and the feeling of uneasiness comes about, but the second time one encounters something that could be labeled as a problem he/she will be more ready for it; even more so if that person sees the problem and remembers that instead an opportunity to learn something new has presented itself. I have faith in you because you are where you are now. I have seen so many friends and family fail due to lack of effort. So, keep the effort, build off of your strengths, and the confidence will follow.

Why: Well, as I described I have seen many fail for lack of effort and I did not want her effort of getting where she is now to go unnoticed. The words I wrote are how I confront problems and it seems to work for me so I figured it would not hurt anything to live, learn, and pass on.

http://justanotherblogger2-third.blogspot.com/
    I read and commented on this blog because she read and responded to mine. Man, that snowball effect works, but in the end I liked the HOW she wrote. It seems we both are fond of entertaining others with words.
Comment Left: I really like the analogy you used with using blogs as a way to sneak in the vegetables:) Great concept!!! I can easily see a student taking a higher interest in reading and writing using the blog to get kid's to eat their veggies idea. That was something I had overlooked... thanks for making that great point.

Why: Because this individual had a great view and I wanted to point that out, and she asked me a question which shows an interactive blog relationship.

http://j-walkblog.com/
    I read and commented on this one because we could all use a little laugh in our day to day lives.

Comment Left: OK, unless the corn chip packs the punch; this has got to be one of the most disgusting things I have ever tried. I lacked the corn chip so I just mixed some PB and some catchup, and then was somewhat sick. Yuck!!!

Why: I left this comment because it said try recipe and report back here, as in the blog site, and well that was the experience I gained from reading this blog. Coach Ski's cold hard truth: Peanut Butter (of any texture or brand) does not go good with Catchup (of any brand).

http://www.theskistory.com/
     Well the reason I read and commented on this one is because this is my wife's blog and I would be in BIG TROUBLES (yes babe, that's for you) if I did not. Plus she has a good sense of how to write in a way to make other people want to read her thoughts.

Comment Left: I am so glad that you decided to inform me that there is a time frame in which we can conceive;) Our poor little fictitious guy(probably should have said girl here) may miss out on this wonderful opportunity due to insurance and bids??? Whatever! Here is where I put my foot down and tell your boss to move on over!!! I love you and look forward to the day we become parents together:)

Why: Because when I read her post on how her work effected our baby's birthday I felt my two cents were in need to be established. Plus I know that she is excited about having a baby and I feel that it is important that even though I may not show it all the time having a baby is something I often think about.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love your title! I think you are going to be an amazing teacher! I agree with you that a child's success begins at home, with communication between parents and educators we can reach the child's full potential. Just like several others have said your avatar looks just like you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks future educator. I am glad that there is another effort believer:) I hate when people complain when they have not even taken their first step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your take on leaving comments. I think a lot of people get so caught up in being concerned about leaving a comment that says something so important and insightful, when just pointing out what you liked about their post is enough. You can enhance those comments by putting in your insight and feedback, but there is not always a need to leave a highly scholastic comment. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete