Avatar

Monday, September 6, 2010

#2 of 23 Things

     "Teach Effort... Learn Life.": What it means to me.
     Throughout my life experiences I have learned two things that I hope to pass on. Effort above all things is everything. The amount of effort put into anything is everything. The amount of effort, or lack of, put into anything shows up in the anythings end results, and anything is possible with maximum effort. The other thing I have learned is that I am not done learning, nor will I ever be. Whether society accepts it or not, the live human brain will never stop learning; it is hard wired to continually learn. So, learn life and know that the experience is worth the effort. Anyone can live through life, but it is what we take from it that makes us who we are, and this is why I decided on this specific title.
     As said before, creating this blog was easier than I ever thought that it would be. I am kind of frustrated that I allowed the fear of technology to hinder me for so long. At first I thought I was going to be jumping into a unknown world of motherboards, PC's, software, and enough confusing downloads to give me an anxiety attack, however, the concept is simple and the instructions are very universal. In doing this one blog online, my confidence in technology has greatly increased. I finally am able to do something other than D2L(my schools online feature; Desire to Learn) and facebook online. Yay!!! All in all the experience was great and has me looking forward to the rest of the class. 
     MY AVATAR 
     Look at that crazy little dude, and he was fun to make and play around with too. The experience reminded me of Mr. Potatohead. Remember that guy??? Yeah, like virtual Mr. Potatohead. I decided to make my avatar as close to the real thing as possible mainly because... well, I like who I am, and I do not see a need to change anything. Instead I added my favorite color in shirt choice, casual comfortable style in clothes, a football because the sport has impacted my life in so many ways, and without much accessories because that is me in reality. My little guy is simple... like me. Now, will his attire always match the seasons??? Let's just hope that is automatic. He may just have to remain to be the year round laid back, comfortable, life experiencing dude. My efforts tend to lead to bigger things.


Credits
 

6 comments:

  1. wow you make me feel like anything is possible. You have a lot more to say about yourself than i could ever write. It is great stuff to write about too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is really funny is that by looking at your Avatar, I know who you are from class. Great Job.

    I agree with you that effort is everything and the saying "A for Effort" goes along way. I hope to instill in my students that all they can give is their best effort and when given it will always be good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your attitude! With an attitude like yours, you couldn't help but end up being a great teacher!
    I also can identify you from your Avatar! Good job!
    Do I spot a fellow lover of words?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments.

    labean06: anything is possible, and the only reason I know who I am is because I have had plenty of experiences and time to think about it. It was a conscious effort that I spent right at a year with. It was important for me to really know who I am. To many people just go through life and live what others expect.

    justanotherblogger: your blog name kind of makes me giggle:), but yes I am a lover of words. They can be oh so powerful. They can build a country or ruin it. They can encourage a student or turn them away. I do, however, enjoy writing more than I do reading, but it is kind of hard to have one without the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your description of your little guy :). I always try and protray myself as an easy going and laid back individual as well. I hope all works out with your football coaching as well. I believe that teaching our kids to be active and giving them a sport that they can fall in love with is a step towards ending our weight problem that is facing our youth of today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle: Double thanks:)... and you throw off the laid back persona, so you should not have to try as hard anymore. Good outlook on sports; team sports do much more for our youth than we could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete