Avatar

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thing #10

     RSS and newsreaders is a great way for the busy person to keep up with the world. Now instead of wasting my time jumping from web-site to web-site I can stay connected using only a single piece of technology. Being able to choose what you want to follow is a great bonus too. I do not know how often I have gotten updates from sources of which I do not care about. Now, only those of my interest, which happens to be school right now, can be followed. Teachers can use RSS as a way to indroduce technology use to students. The teacher can assign certain blogs that students must read and react to whether it be online by leaving comments, or in the classroom with discussion. The teacher could even have a web-site that the students are expected to keep up with, and this is one of the ways that the students would be able to do that. RSS has made the busy persons life a little less stressful by putting all those things that one must just keep up with throughout the day in one spot. Most people like when the world comes to them. 
http://www.google.com/profiles/matthew.ciezki is my public page!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! RSS and newsreaders are an excellent way for a busy person to keep in touch with the world! They do also save a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read and heard about RSS numerous times and yet I've never put them to use...note to self: Set up RSS!!

    ReplyDelete