Avatar

Friday, October 1, 2010

Thing # 11

     I did not like using Google blog search at all. When searching way to many irrelevant choices were displayed. One would be better off using regular Google search. I think the problem lies within how the data base searches for new blogs; any word that happens to be in the title of a blog shows up regardless of if it is actually relevant to whatever it is that one is searching for.
     Topix was really convenient and easy to use. Right after viewing the web-site I was able to find something I wanted to RSS; Clarksville News. As a High School football coach it is nice to be able to see what is going on in the other area High School football programs with ease. This is a highly valuable tool that any coach should use. A teacher may also be able to find something similar to this; he/she could possibly find a link to a collaboration web-site for area teachers that could be used to brain storm with more than same school professionals and reach out to an entire community.
     Syndic8 was easy to use as well. To get to the site I wanted to follow a couple more steps were involved, but none-the-less the process was still only a couple of clicks. The site I decided to follow using Syndic8 is Moreover Technologies - NFL: Green Bay Packers news because 1) it was very easy to do (all I had to do was follow the links), and 2) I love the Green Bay Packers so what better way to keep up with them. Now, I will have a constant feed of Packer news updated every fifteen minutes. I will now know some things even before the details are expressed to the public (way cool!!!)
     When using Technorati I found a interesting feed that will keep an eye on AskSocratesNow. The post  "Can Reflecting On Death Lead to a Better Life?"    gave me the opportunity to reason with the way I think about life.I love to read things that make me think deeply about who I am and what I am about. The process of finding the feed did take a little hunting, but in the end was worth the find.
     Another way which I found to be very easy to find other links to follow was to look at who I already followed and see who they followed. The process was a bit time consuming, but most every one I read was worth reading and of interest to me because I followed the link of a blog that I was already interested in. I decided to RSS the blog Journal for Jay because this a dear friend of my wife's and I love watching her live her life the way she wants to.
    

2 comments:

  1. AW! I'm definitely sending Jay's momma to read this (especially the last paragraph!) She needs to know that more people think it's ok for her to live her life she as she would like to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and I'm interested in that Syndic8 website too...

    ReplyDelete