Avatar

Monday, October 18, 2010

Thing # 14





I decided to set up a mind map account with mindmeister. The account set-up was as easy as changing the face of a Mr. Potato Head, and not time consuming at all. I attempted to use mindmeister with a project in which I will be creating a podcast explaining the five different subtypes found in the Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD); the results are as follows:The building of the mind map was very easy and this will also help me conduct my podcast for a later assignment. I really enjoyed making the mind map; it is a great way to brainstorm when one is stuck with nothing but blanks. I decided to share this on my blog because this is such a great way to generate thoughts. The downside as one can tell I could not for the life of me figure out how to get a full sized view mind map displayed on the blog. I spent enough frustrating minutes trying to figure this one out; so, any help will be much appreciated with this aspect. A link to the web page is as follows for a full viewing of my podcast mind map on the Autism Spectrum Disorders: http://www.mindmeister.com/maps/show/65672858 . I decided to create a flowchart using Giffy. I did not find the experience nearly as easy, or as enjoyable as working with mindmeister. None the less though I have seen flowcharts used effectively in the classroom before. I have added a flowchart idea for the classroom. The teacher could either handout the flowchart by means of printed copies, or he/she could project it on a screen. This way the students know exactly what is to be down and when it is to be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment