Avatar

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thing # 16

     I decided to go with iGoogle because it was most appealing and truthfully the easiest. I like how one is able to customize a web site that fits their needs. I had fun playing with and adding different widgets until the page was to my specifications, it passed all of them. It is fun has only information I care about, and from it some can see that I am a little bit business, a little bit fun, and a Green Bay fan. Yes, I will make this my home page. Now, when I am in a hurry I wont have to click through 20 million different things to get the two cents of sometimes needless information that I feel is all too important to go on without knowing.
     I have already been using an online calendar to keep me updated on when I have appointments or when school projects are due. What I like best about the calendar is that is synced to my phone so I can add and delete things as needed on the go, or I can sit down at a computer input the needed information and my phone will alarm me at the time entered on the computer. Great, great tool to use. This method of keeping a schedule is also highly preferred by speech/language pathologists.
     Online to-do-lists may be a good idea for long trips or field trips for the classroom, but on the fly I would rather just jot down my own to-do-list instead of having to log on to a computer and print it out. However, the calendar and an iGoogle class page are great ways to manage a classroom, and a great way for the teacher and student alike to keep up with the schedule. This way students are never caught off guard and teacher will have more time to actually teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment