Avatar

Friday, October 22, 2010

Thing # 18

Facebook and Myspace
     I have both a facebook and a myspace. I was actually surprised to see that myspace is more popular than facebook. I use my facebook account a lot more than my myspace account. I enjoy "facebooking", what the action of being on facebook is sometimes referred to as, mainly because I no longer live in the town where I grew up, or in the same town as my immediate family so it is nice and easy to keep up with them via facebook or myspace. Facebook also has a plethora of games, or extras one can fill his/her time with; it is an easier and more entertaining site to use. For a teacher to understand the what and how a social networking page works is highly valuable if used the right way. A teacher does not need to have posted too many too personal photos and/or information posted to his/her facebook/myspace page knowing that a student may access it which usually happens; this is another way in which knowing a social networking page could prove to be valuable.A teacher may seem "cool", or "with it" if he/she is ale to talk the talk of the student which just so happens to include a heavy interest in social networking. A teachers social networking page should be strictly business or strictly set to private so that not anyone in society may take a look into his/her life. There already are school sites for social networking; through my experiences these have mainly been found at the college level (hence APSU involvement), but I don not know how they would workout in elementary, middle, and high schools. A cause for concern may be that not every student has Internet access outside of the school, but a teacher could use such a site for posting homework assignments, getting feedback from the students via messaging, etc. Come find and friend me on facebook, but play nice or you may be de-friended.

No comments:

Post a Comment