Avatar

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing # 15

WIKI's






This little youtube clip gave me some great ideas on how a wiki could be used in the classroom. This could be exactly how a class puts together a list for who's bringing what to the winter party, or it could also be used for a class project and/or field trip. This past summer I planned a military reunion, and boy were the e-mails back and forth forever long and confusing, At one point I had really wished that I had not of gotten the idea to have a reunion, but none-the-less the reunion was a blast and next time I WILL be creating a WIKI to coordinate with everyone interested. I really like that when the content is changed it shows one who changed it.
 I tried to edit the the 23Things wiki, but it would not let me... even after I created the account. Any help with that will be much appreciated:)

2 comments:

  1. Matthew,
    I like your ideas for using the wiki. They are good ones.
    Regarding editing the 23 things wiki, apparently the page is too big to load at one time. I wasn't able to logically figure out how to split the page into <64KB (see my blog), but trial and error finally worked! (Seems like it should be the other way around, huh?) Once the edit page opens, it's as simple as using Word. Try just clicking the edit tab on numerous pages. Some pages have less content than others, and one will eventually open up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks justanotherblogger for the help:)

    ReplyDelete